The Church of Our Lady and St Patrick is a Roman Catholic Parish in the centre of Oldham, made up of what was originally 3 separate parishes: St Mary’s, Our Lady of Mount Carmel with St Patrick and Holy Rosary.
As part of the restructuring of the Diocese, these became one Parish in 2018, with the closure of St Mary’s and Holy Rosary Churches.
Since the amalgamation of parishes, our school is now in the parish of ‘Our Lady and St Patrick, Oldham.
Our Parish Priest is Father Philip Sumner.
Sunday Mass is live streamed every week at 10am. To follow the livestream, please click the button below:
A Brief History of the Parish
The first Catholic church in Oldham. St Mary’s Church – opened in March, 1839.
Click the button below to read more:
Originally dedicated as St Patrick’s Catholic Chapel, in October 1858, it was built as a Chapel of Ease to support St Mary’s.
Click the buttons below to read more:
Holy Rosary was the last of the churches to be built. The first Mass was offered there in December 1952, the land having been originally acquired by a curate at St Patrick’s in 1940.
Click the button to read more:
Click here to visit the Parish website to access newsletters and announcements