Welcome to Holy Rosary’s Pupil Chaplains’ page
Meet the Chaplaincy Team
Adult lay Chaplain: Mrs Finch
On behalf of myself, the headteacher, the governors and all the staff I would like to warmly welcome our Pupil Chaplains “GIFT” Team appointed in October 2021. These children are in our current Year 5 & 6 classes.
We know you’ll do a fantastic job as God is in your hearts
The Role of a Pupil Chaplain
The role of a Pupil Chaplain is to serve as a member of their Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School.
They will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
• Giving joyful witness of Christ in our school.
• Providing support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
• Pastoral care of staff and pupils.
• Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
• Developing the use of a chapel for anyone in school to use.
• Being present on parents’ afternoons and/or evenings, and other school events, to help with the welcome of all the community.
• Organising a variety of events to support local, national and international charities, for example: Cornerstone; Cancer charities; Local Food Banks
Autumn Term 2021
September – Mrs Finch became the new Adult Lay Chaplain
October – Recruitment for our new Chaplains began. Applications from Year 5 & 6 pupils opened, interviews were held with Mrs Finch and Miss Warsap and our new chaplains were appointed.
November 3rd – Father Phil commissioned our new chaplains during our school Mass. This was done virtually but was a lovely Mass. The chaplains lead the Bidding Prayers.
December 3rd – The chaplains will lead their first assembly – virtually. The theme for the assembly will be ‘The Day is Coming’ – linked with Advent.
December (date to be confirmed) – This will be our first charitable event – Christmas Jumper Day.