Welcome to Holy Rosary’s Pupil Chaplains’ page
Meet the Chaplaincy Team
Adult lay Chaplain: Mrs Atkinson
On behalf of myself, the headteacher, the governors and all the staff I would like to warmly welcome our Pupil Chaplains “GIFT” Team appointed September 2019 and these children are in our current year 6 class.
We know you’ll do a fantastic job as God is in your hearts.
The Role of a Pupil Chaplain
The role of a Pupil Chaplain is to serve as a member of their Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School.
They will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
• Giving joyful witness of Christ in our school.
• Providing support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
• Pastoral care of staff and pupils.
• Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
• Developing the use of a chapel for anyone in school to use.
• Being present on parents’ afternoons and/or evenings, and other school events, to help with the welcome of all the community.
• Organising a variety of events to support local, national and international charities, for example: Cornerstone; Cancer charities; Local Food Banks
Autumn Term 2020
September – We welcome back the Chaplaincy team after what has been a long time away for us all. It’s difficult for us to meet up this term as Mrs Atkinson is in a separate bubble but we can come together through our virtual assemblies still.
September 10th 9.30am – Father Phil conducted our first virtual assembly and the chaplains led the bidding prayers.
September 11th 10am – The whole school attended a virtual mass led by Bishop John from Salford Cathedral.
October 7th – Feast of the Holy Rosary. The chaplains attended this zoom, along with their Rosary beads.
October 20th – 60 years of Holy Rosary – Party day!
October 22nd Harvest Festival zoom – The chaplains and Mrs Atkinson led this virtually together. Any donations can be sent to Oldham food bank.
Poppy Appeal – During November Poppies will be sold in classes for a small donation.
Chaplains’ Challenge – This term’s challenge is to write a prayer/poem dedicated to Mary our Mother.