Welcome to Holy Rosary’s Pupil Chaplains’ page
Meet the Chaplaincy Team
Adult lay Chaplain: Mrs Atkinson
On behalf of myself, the headteacher, the governors and all the staff I would like to warmly welcome our Pupil Chaplains “GIFT” Team appointed September 2019 and these children are in our current year 6 class.
We know you’ll do a fantastic job as God is in your hearts.
The Role of a Pupil Chaplain
The role of a Pupil Chaplain is to serve as a member of their Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School.
They will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
• Giving joyful witness of Christ in our school.
• Providing support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
• Pastoral care of staff and pupils.
• Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
• Developing the use of a chapel for anyone in school to use.
• Being present on parents’ afternoons and/or evenings, and other school events, to help with the welcome of all the community.
• Organising a variety of events to support local, national and international charities, for example: Cornerstone; Cancer charities; Local Food Banks
Autumn Term 2020
September – We welcome back the Chaplaincy team after what has been a long time away for us all. It’s difficult for us to meet up this term as Mrs Atkinson is in a separate bubble but we can come together through our virtual assemblies still.
September 10th 9.30am – Father Phil conducted our first virtual assembly and the chaplains led the bidding prayers.
September 11th 10am – The whole school attended a virtual mass led by Bishop John from Salford Cathedral.
October 7th – Feast of the Holy Rosary. The chaplains attended this zoom, along with their Rosary beads.
October 20th – 60 years of Holy Rosary – Party day!
October 22nd Harvest Festival zoom – The chaplains and Mrs Atkinson led this virtually together. Any donations can be sent to Oldham food bank.
Poppy Appeal – During November Poppies will be sold in classes for a small donation.
Chaplains’ Challenge – This term’s challenge is to write a prayer/poem dedicated to Mary our Mother.
Spring Term 2021
Unfortunately due to Covid we have had to partiall close the school during most of this term and we have decided not to fund raise at this moment.
Meetings have been difficult due to bubbles.
We have attended weekly zoom assemblies though and have contributed to the Lent tree, adding our promises and prayers for this period.