Welcome to Holy Rosary’s Pupil Chaplain’s page
Meet the Chaplaincy Team
Adult lay Chaplain: Mrs Atkinson
On behalf of myself, the headteacher, the governors and all the staff I would like to warmly welcome our new Pupil Chaplains “GIFT” Team appointed September 2019 and these children are in our current year 5 class.
We know you’ll do a fantastic job as God is in your hearts.
Pupil Chaplains 2019-2020
Pupil Chaplains 2018-2019
The Role of a Pupil Chaplain
The role of a Pupil Chaplain is to serve as a member of their Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School.
They will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
• Giving joyful witness of Christ in our school.
• Providing support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
• Pastoral care of staff and pupils.
• Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
• Developing the use of a chapel for anyone in school to use.
• Being present on parents’ afternoons and/or evenings, and other school events, to help with the welcome of all the community.
• Organising a variety of events to support local, national and international charities, for example: Cornerstone; Cancer charities; Local Food Banks
Autumn Term 2018
September – First Chaplaincy meeting of the term! Lots of new and exciting ideas to be added to our action plan.
October 3rd 1.30pm – Commissioning service by Father Phil in the school hall.
Prayer and worship – Chaplains are planning and delivering prayer and worship sessions in all year groups.
Harvest – Harvest Festival in the hall -Friday 11th October 9.30am
Poppy Appeal – During November the chaplains will be coming into classes selling poppies and other items. Please support this charity.
Chaplains’ Challenge – This term’s challenge is to write a prayer/poem dedicated to Mary our Mother.
Christmas gift appeal – we are asking for donations to Treelands Nursing home
Spring Term 2020
Christmas Jumper day raised £162.00 for CAFOD world gifts so thank you!
February 13th we have a visitor from Salford Diocese coming to meet with Mrs Atkinson and the chaplains and to talk about their role.
February 13th Is break the rules day! Please see parent app for more details! Our chosen charity is Maggie’s Oldham.
The chapel is now in use and a timetable has been drawn up which will begin after half term. The chaplains are gathering resources which they could use in these sessions.
The chaplains have also been trained on collective worship sessions and will be leading these around school
Prayer stations day is February 13th and this will be based around Matthew’s gospel and the year of the word.
We we had a lovely visit from Father Peter Tierney from Salford Diocese to discuss our mission as Pupil Chaplains and living out our mission statement.