Important Dates for New Term
- Monday 2nd November – School Opens for Autumn 2
- Wednesday 16th December – Brass Concert
- Wednesday 16th December – Christmas Dinner
- Wednesday 16th December – Christmas Parties
- Monday 21st December – Carol Service – 10:30am
- Monday 21st December – KS1 Performance
- Tuesday 22nd December – FS and KS1 Celebration Assembly
- Wednesday 23rd December – End of Year Mass
- Wednesday 23rd December – School Closes for end of Autumn Term – 1:30pm
- Monday 11th January 2021 – School reopens for Spring term
End of Year Expectations for Year 2 - Reading
- Secure with year group phonic expectations.
- Recognise simple recurring literary language.
- Read ahead to help with fluency and expression.
- Comment on plot, setting & characters in familiar & unfamiliar stories.
- Recount main themes and events.
- Comment on structure of the text.
- Use commas, question marks and exclamation marks to vary expression.
- Read aloud with expression and intonation.
- commas in lists
- apostrophe of omission and possession (singular noun)
- Identify past/present tense and why the writer has used a tense.
- Use content and index to locate information.
End of Year Expectations for Year 2 - Maths
- Compare and order numbers up to 100 and use < > =.
- Read and write all numbers to 100 in digits & words.
- Say 10 more/less than any number to 100.
Count in steps of 2, 3 & 5 from zero and in 10s from any number (forwards and backwards).
- Recall and use multiplication & division facts for 2, 5 & 10 tables.
- Recall and use +/- facts to 20.
- Derive and use related facts to 100.
- Recognise place value of any 2-digit number.
Add & subtract:
- 2-digit nos & ones
- 2-digit nos & tens
- Two 2-digit nos
- Three 1-digit nos
- Recognise and use inverse (+/-).
- Calculate and write multiplication & division calculations using multiplication tables.
- Recognise, find, name and write 1/3; 1/4; 2/4; 3/4.
- Write and recognise equivalence of simple fractions.
- Tell time to five minutes, including quarter past/to.
End of Year Expectations for Year 2 - Writing
- Write different kinds of sentence: statement, question, exclamation, command.
- Use expanded noun phrases to add description and specification.
- Write using subordination (when, if, that, because) and co-ordination (or, and, but).
- Correct and consistent use of present tense & past tense.
- Correct use of verb tenses.
Write with correct and consistent use of:
- capital letters
- full stops
- question marks
- exclamation marks
- Use commas in a list.
- Use apostrophe to mark omission and singular possession in nouns.
- Write under headings.
- Write lower case letters correct size relative to one another.
- Show evidence of diagonal and horizontal strokes to join handwriting.